Created in 1999, the Japan Business Council in Europe (JBCE) is a leading European organisation representing the interests of 90 multinational companies of Japanese parentage active in Europe.
Our members operate across a wide range of sectors, including information and communication technology, electronics, chemicals, automotive, machinery, wholesale trade, precision instruments, pharmaceutical, steel, textiles and glass products.
Building a new era of cooperation between the European Union (EU) and Japan is the core of our activities, which we perform under several committees focusing on: Corporate Policy, Corporate Social Responsibility, Digital Innovation, Environment & Energy, Standards and Conformity, and Trade.
- We promote open trade and investment
- We encourage a common regulatory framework
- We foster responsible business conduct
We seek to:
- Build a bridge between the EU and Japan, and enhance Europe’s understanding of Japanese companies and their contribution to the European economy
- Contribute to the EU public policy by sharing our members’ expertise with decision-makers across sectors
- Promote a favourable and predictable environment in which European and Japanese companies of allsectors can compete for sustainable growth in Europe