Created in 1999, the Japan Business Council in Europe (JBCE) is a leading European organisation representing the interests of 85 multinational companies of Japanese parentage active in Europe.
Our members operate across a wide range of sectors, including information and communication technology, electronics, chemicals, automotive, machinery, wholesale trade, precision instruments, pharmaceutical, railway, textiles and glass products. Together, our member companies represented in 2013 global sales of 1.4 trillion euros.
Building a new era of cooperation between the European Union (EU) and Japan is the core of our activities, which we perform under several committees focusing on: Corporate Policy, Corporate Social Responsibility, Digital Innovation, Environment & Energy, Standards and Conformity, and Trade.
- We promote open trade and investment
- We encourage a common regulatory framework
- We foster responsible business conduct
We seek to:
- Build a bridge between the EU and Japan, and enhance Europe’s understanding of Japanese companies and their contribution to the European economy
- Contribute to the EU public policy by sharing our members’ expertise with decision-makers across sectors
- Promote a favourable and predictable environment in which European and Japanese companies of allsectors can compete for sustainable growth in Europe