JBCE gave a feedback about the two-year review of the GDPR to the European Commission’s Initiative related to the Data Protection – Report on the application of the General Data Protection Regulation, with the following points:
I. Challenges in interpreting GDPR
• Guidelines on Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and cloud service providers.
• Simplifying Binding Corporate Rules (BCR).
• On Legitimate Interest.
• On the use of bio-metric data.
• Securing compliance with other rules that are of important public interest.
II. The need for harmonised implementation
• Cooperation among DPA.
• The benefits of pan-European Codes of Conduct and certification mechanisms.
• More harmonised rules on cookies.
• More harmonised approach on data breach notifications.
• Stronger oversight at EU level.
For more information please contact:
Policy Manager (Digital Innovation, Trade)